Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacement tyres

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I have friends who have run Neova before and they were very good. Don't expect a compound that soft to last for a long time though, they really are more of a track tyre. They are damn expensive too.

If you're not doing a lot of track work (or even if you are) but still want semis, look at the Achilles 123S or Federal RSR. I've had a lot of drivers I know tell me they were really good value.

If you want a well priced good regular road tyre I've also heard great things about the Kumho KU31.

EDIT: ignore my post, I just realized you were after 19s. Those Neovas will be veeery expensive in that size. I think the reason that most don't do a semi in this size is that once you start going past 18s, the side wall profile starts to get very thin, and on top of that every time you increase the diameter of your wheel you're effectively changing the final drive of the car, and as a result the increased diameter will take away from acceleration.

Last edited:

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
achillies get loud fast and loose grip just as fast

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
achillies get loud fast and loose grip just as fast

Regular Achilles are garbage. I can't personally verify for the 123S but I have a few friends that use them as steerers.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
i used a few on one of my cars, i planned to buy them (as they arevery well priced and perfore well untill they wear to far) then use them as drift tyres but they delaminated too easily when you try to heat them right up.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I havnt used the advan

I replaced my Bridgestone with nitto invo. They work well on my F6 so should be sweet on the VF. I just went stock sizes. 245 and 275

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Costco has Bridgestone S001 $399 fitted rear, $350 front. Can recommend Sumitomo HTR Z III as better than Bridgies or Contis, high quality Japanese for about $100 less.

Why?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Harrop enhanced VF Redline Manual
I want them primarily for track day use, I would go Toyo Proxes R888 only they are not available in the sizes I want. Tyres are not expected to last long. You don't do track days if your worried about money as the cost of tyres, brakes, brake fluid changes, oil changes etc make it quite expensive but boy are they fun.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
For a good track day tyre try Hankook RS3. They have the sizes you need. The boys use them on 500+ rwkw falcons So as long as you have less than that should be sweet.