Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Brae Light Holders?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Howdy all,
I have one brakelight that isn't as bright as the other... I'm still all legal at this point with the 3rd light but I checked it out today anyway. Globes seem fine but the holders are shot to bits... to the point I wrapped them up in electrical tape before I put them back in place... I don't even know how one of the globes had stayed in place.

Anyway, I want to replace these holders... but I was wondering how much I needed to get? Do I have to replace the whole loom from where it joins the body in the boot, or can these clips be bought on their own and I could just cut/solder/heatshrink and throw some ones on. I'm hesitant to just rip some out at a wreckers because chances are they'll be shoddy too.

Soooo... how does holden sell the clips, and how much am I looking at?

Ta ;)

Oh and might not reply for a day or two... about to head down to the goldy... but I will be checking up.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Knowing Holden, they will probably only sell the whole loom.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah I figured that may be the case :( Annoying too because it looks hard to get the fitting through the little rubber grommet in the boot. May actually be easier to replace just the socket lol.

Though I guess I was planning on doing all of them... loom may work out better in the long run...

Just did the smart thing and email local holden spare parts :p will post back for future reference...

Last edited:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Aggh.... $70 each for the harness