Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing dead injector

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
I have a 2007 v8 calais international. This morning got a fault for open circuit on cylinder 2 injector. Still need to do a few more checks to narrow down the cause in case it's wiring or something else. But if I replace the injector what tips, helpful pointers do people have?
I've learned these motors have a fuel pressure release point, so that helps instead of pulling fuel pump relay and turning it over to remove fuel pressure.
What else should I pay attention too? Been a very long time since I've switched out injectors.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
If I replace the injector what tips, helpful pointers do people have?

Don't buy the cheap arse chinese knock off crap injectors that are flooding Ebay lately for around the $100 to $200 dollar range
Buy genuine Bosch injectors and replace them as a set of 8

https://www.injectorsonline.com/col...holden-6-0-6-2-original-replacement-injectors
Using the link above to check that your injectors are the same part number as these and if they are you can shop around for a better deal

For what it's worth I just replaced the injectors in my VZ 1 Tonner with genuine Bosch items and I got them for $435 delivered with express post

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Don't buy the cheap arse chinese knock off crap injectors that are flooding Ebay lately for around the $100 to $200 dollar range

https://www.injectorsonline.com/col...holden-6-0-6-2-original-replacement-injectors
Using the link above to check that your injectors are the same part number as these and if they are you can shop around for a better deal

For what it's worth I just replaced the injectors in my VZ 1 Tonner with genuine Bosch items and I got them for $435 delivered with express post
How do the CC's work? Your link shows 350CC but there are 1000CC ones for a little bit more.

The bigger the better?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
How do the CC's work? Your link shows 350CC but there are 1000CC ones for a little bit more.

The bigger the better?
No absolutely no point going to bigger injectors as your car will need to be retuned after otherwise it will be running rich as hell, only reason you’d go for bigger injectors now is if you were going to do major upgrades in the future like turbo or supercharger

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0

I would do this, but I need the car running by Monday for work. Repco has 1 Bosch injector on the shelf, so at this stage I'll just change the one dodgy one. May do the whole lot over Christmas break.
Had a resistance at 87 ohms, the rest were about 14.

TANK 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
No absolutely no point going to bigger injectors as your car will need to be retuned after otherwise it will be running rich as hell, only reason you’d go for bigger injectors now is if you were going to do major upgrades in the future like turbo or supercharger
Thank you for the reply brother.

Would love a supercharger down the track...