Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing electric antenna

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
Anyone know a good place to get a new antenna from? Heard of prices ranging from $30 to 200.

Having problems with mine. I don't think its the 9494 antenna box thing above the ECU, because I took the antenna out of the car and put 12 volts to the red and white wires, as well as grounding the black, and nothing happened. Would that be a dead motor or mast?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
quite possible that the long plastic cog has snapped off in the motor jamming it, a new antenna is about $20 from repo from memory.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
The motor should have done something even if the drive cog is stuffed....try just red to 12v source and black to earth...you should get some noise. New mast and rope is 30 - 40 ish from supercrap ...but if the drive gear is worn you will be wasting your money..... the whole motor assembly is not cheap brand new and probably more trouble than they are worth...I put a switch in the glovebox on mine so it wasnt going up and down all the time and wearing itself out...secondhand is bit of a lucky dip.