Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing fried radio unit VF SSV REDLINE and reprogramming secondhand one

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
HOLDEN TELL ME IT CAN NOT BE DONE.
Always amused when Holden says it cant be done.
Should have seen their faces seeing an EDI in a non HSV VF! :rofl2:

I'd say because Holden would lose so much money by allowing it to happen, I spoke to 2 separate dealers yesterday and both told me the same thing but according to VE-VF Spares in Melbourne it can be done and even told me who dose it down there but that's 800ks away from me.
All holden are interested in is selling me a brand new unit $1600 which I don't have sitting around anywhere.
Can happily supply a flash box to security link a second hand Mylink into your vehicle, or can organised a preprogrammed mylink to be slotted straight in :beer chug:

Feel free to send me a PM, message or call. Anyones thats called me knows Im always up for a good chat!

Stuoow

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 vf SSv redline wagon
That's because that's the only option the dealer has to offer you. It's not possible for a dealer to fit and program a second hand one. I can see both sides of it - on one hand buying used could save you money but I've seen questionable used units fitted to cars that have fried other components - and on a newer vehicle where you have several thousand dollars worth of interconnected modules you probably don't want one dodgy component frying the lot.

If you can't afford to replace it you shouldn't have fiddled around with it and stuffed it in the first place.

Maybe so, but we've all been known to have a fiddle here and there, Its not that I can't afford to replace it with a new, but everyone looks to save a dollar where possible, the unit tested fine before he fitted it, they have to Holden software to talk to the car just don't have the access to the codes.

Stuoow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Always amused when Holden says it cant be done.
Should have seen their faces seeing an EDI in a non HSV VF! :rofl2:

Can happily supply a flash box to security link a second hand Mylink into your vehicle, or can organised a preprogrammed mylink to be slotted straight in :beer chug:

Feel free to send me a PM, message or call. Anyones thats called me knows Im always up for a good chat!

TazzI, I got told to make contact with you, So it can be done??????

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
TazzI, I got told to make contact with you, So it can be done??????

It sure can!
Mylinks can happily be programmed and linked to different cars. This also includes upgrading non-nav VF's to a full navigation mylink.

Asmodai78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V Sportwagon
wouldn't it be covered under warrenty?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
It sure can!
Mylinks can happily be programmed and linked to different cars. This also includes upgrading non-nav VF's to a full navigation mylink.
Can you put Mylinks in a VE?

Stuoow

Reaction score
Members Ride
No mate its not covered by warranty and I knew that when I did it so now I've learnt the hard way by doing it myself to try and save a few dollars, in the end its going to cost me more but you get that(**** happens).

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute

As smashfist said, its been fried from aftermarket parts so won't be covered.

Is it possible to get hem changed from the red to blue like in the Calais?

It sureeeee is!

Can you put Mylinks in a VE?

Technically yeah, Havent tried it though.
If you could mount the Mylink in a VE nicely, then should just be a matter of providing a patch loom, and enabler box to allow it to work in a VE.
The enabler box would be the device which allows the Mylink to actually fire up in car, without it, the mylink will be locked out in a VE.

Im having a feeling.. I should make a "Everything to know about Mylinks" thread at some point :beer chug: