Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing front right indicator bulb, Help thanks

ac2026

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series 2 Wagon
Hey all,

i only just noticed yesterday that my front (Drivers side) right indictor light/bulb has just blown. The one right next to the headlight.

Are the bulbs u get from Kmart, supercheap, petrol stations etc fine to use as a replacement, and what are they called ????

And how easy is it to change them in the front ???? Had a quick look but could only find the access to the headlights bulb......is it in the same place and i have missed something ????

I have done the rear ones before but not the front ones

Thanks for the help

Ac

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
they are hidden in the corner, so you have to dig deep behind the the lights and theres no cover unlike the head lights. just a simple twist and thats the bulb holder.

i THINK you may need to buy a special bayonet cap type, because i have notices that the 2 pins on the side of the car ARE NOT exactly opposite to each other unlike regular bulbs =/

just pull the busted one out and use it as a sample

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
i THINK you may need to buy a special bayonet cap type, because i have notices that the 2 pins on the side of the car ARE NOT exactly opposite to each other unlike regular bulbs

I'm pretty sure that's the case too. If the globe is coloured, that is definitely so. That means they only go in one way so need to be lined up correctly when being installed.

Gw33dz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon S2,
I just bought some LEDs for indicators which had the standard bayonet pins opposite each other, then realised when installing them that they don't quite fit because of the reason already stated. So I just filed one of the pins down, rubbed the side of the metal part of the globe on a file. Fit perfectly and securely because of the globe holders, holding snug. This was with the rear indicators, have had no problemo ;)