Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing fuse rail

C

chell

Hi, My VL just had a melt down with the fuse box where the fuses for the headlights and the clock go. In stead of hooking a by-pass type of structure with the fuses like my dad told me to do i found it would be better if i just change the fuse rail instead, since im already in the process of doing other major repairs in it ( which have been a real :bang: ). The melted rail has already been taken out and i was wondering if there are any tips on putting this other one that i got from the wrecking yard in where it wont cause more probs for me?? Also i have a wiring diagram here for a VK that is in a manual that covers a VB to VK would there be any differance between the VK and VL??
Any feedback would help greatly :D

harry3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina wagon 6cyl
if its on the main fusebox under the bonnet on the left rear, maybe get the whole thing from a wrecker, cut the cables which should be the sale color as on your car
there may be a VL wiring diagram on the net, or good ones are in elleries VL manual wiich you could try to find in a library

melting suggests the lack of a fusible link, there should be several

C

chell

yea it is under the bonnet. i'll keep lookin on the net for the diagram. thanks