Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing globes in a WM Caprice

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
What do you mean by "make sure they're bi-xenon"?

bsmith83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina sedan v6/4a
What do you mean by "make sure they're bi-xenon"?
The dealer installed 12v d1s globes that don’t handle low and high beam. You need the Philips d1s 85v that handle low and high beam.

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
I'm not really sure what you are referring to. The bulbs are either xenon or not. The high and low beam function is done by a metal flap in the headlight, not the bulb, ie the bulb has no low and high beam capability.
Looks like the dealer didn't use OEM ones.

bsmith83

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 ve berlina sedan v6/4a
I'm not really sure what you are referring to. The bulbs are either xenon or not. The high and low beam function is done by a metal flap in the headlight, not the bulb, ie the bulb has no low and high beam capability.
Looks like the dealer didn't use OEM ones.
They use OEM equivalent but not the actual oem brand

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
"OEM equivalent" isn't OEM...

rjp

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice with LS3
If the "OEM equivalents" caused issues, I'd be checking your ballasts. It's common for aftermarket bulbs to have issues with the ballasts. I used a set of aftermarket bulbs that were supposed to be the ducks knuts only to have them fail almost instantly (they would arch up and then go of). Went back to the OEM and haven't had a problem since.
However, as Xenon do lose their capacity very slowly over time, I'm going to be replacing mine in the near future. Please let us all know how the new ones go for you.