Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Harmonic Balancer

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
QUOTE Hey guys

i had a surfer email me today asking if i new how to replace the harmonic balancer in his vp commie

anyone here done this before, to give him a hand or be able to direct him some where to download the manual

there are no details of wat is under the hood
i am waiting for am email back from him

thanks

MuNtEd

Reaction score
In A Box Somewhere Up The End Of Your Street
Members Ride
94 VR EXEC
ok he has emailed me back

the 1993 vp is stock 3.8 litre v6 auto

anyone there able to help him out ???

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I wont advise this, but will do it myself though. If its an auto you have to somehow stop the motor from turning when you try and undo the bolt holding the harmonic balancer on. I would use a braker bar and let it rest on one on the chassis rails, then with the fuel pump fuse removed, just quickly crank the motor on then straight off, and it should be enough to undo the big bolt.

It will need to be plled off with a puller which can be brought from any auto store, or you can sit there swearing your head off for most of the day, trying to wiggle it back and forth.

H

hillsie350

found that a3quarter inch rattle gun and 2 tyre levers on ether side of the balencer works well be carefull of the crank angle senser unbolt first to enable movement also remove radiator +fan use of a puller is best but if avalable