Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing injectors how?

michaelw

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2
Hi all,

I have just got a set of new injectors and have skillfully managed to lose my gregories. Can anyone supply me with a link or a step by step guide to removing the old and replacing them? Or fire off a scan of the pages in the gregories?

Cheers

Mike

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
just unbolt the fuel rail and undo the fuel lines.

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
I'll post up a "how to" in the how to section for you with a few pics put a link here when it's done.

You need the engine to be cold when doing this job, and you will also need to depressurise the fuel system before starting. I followed the steps in the Gregory's manual but still got a bit of a jet of fuel when I removed the first injector, hence the engine needs to be cold!

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Well lucky for you I did this for the first time about 3 weeks ago. What I done is:
1: Disconnected the battery (Important)
2: Mark the electrical wires so u know which one came off which injector.
3: Disconect the electrical connectors from the injectors
4: unclip the little clips with a small screwdriver or 2 (the clips can be found just under the fuel rail). The clips hold the injectors into the fuel rail.(6 clips in total, try not too bend these if you have to reuse them.)
5: Unbolt the bolts on the metal clips holding the fuel tube that flows fuel from one side of the fuel rail to the other fuel rail.
6: Skillfully remove the unbolted fuel tube without bending it, if you cannot manage to do it this way, the easier option is to unbolt your alternator which will be in your road. (Be prepaired for fuel to spert out because of the pressure, it will stop after it depressurises.)
7: Now unbolt the fuel rails from the plenum (the engine) and then pull gently the ruel rails off the injectors, it may seem like its not coming off, but it will.
8: remove the injectors from the plenum and there you have it, old injectors are out!
9: Clean the holes in the plemun where the old injectors come out of so when you put the new ones in you have a good seal.
10: Do the upove steps in reverse to put it all back together again!

Hope that Helps!

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Just did a big how to but it doesn't seem to have appeared!!:ranting:

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Its there now. How-tos have to have mod/admin approval.
AirStrike :air:

Shortstuff

Random
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Golf GTI PP
Last edited: