Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing injectors in VR 5.0 Litre Stato...

Phoenixx

Octaned to the membrane.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0 Litre
Hi everyone, my Stato has dirty injectors and after getting royally shafted buying some reconditioned injectors off Ebay which were all blocked I'm going to buy new ones. I wouldn't mind a little more oomph out of the old girl and reckon new injectors certainly won't be hurting this aim.
What recommendations on injectors to get, are standard injectors ok or do I need to upgrade to larger than standard, any recommendations on where to get them for the best price, how much do larger injectors affect fuel economy and any more advice anyone has to offer is of course much appreciated.
I'm getting extractors fitted in the next month or so, pacey's I would suspect, and wondered will this have an affect on which injectors I should get also? Car has CAI and 2 1/2 inch catback exhaust but basically bog standard.
Thanks in advance for any input.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Standard injectors will be fine on a standard car. It's only when you start going into big cams and that are bigger units necessary.

Phoenixx

Octaned to the membrane.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0 Litre
Ok cool, thanks for your advice, as always greatly appreciated. NOW, if only I could find a place to get the injectors at a good price..

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
There was a forum sponsor selling injectors a few weeks ago that I saw, Ill try look it up for you.

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
Sticks's EFI parts

Under the fuel pumps and injectors thread.

Short of that I saw a place online that checks and cleans them for $20 each, not so cheap but cheaper than new or a 2nd hand reco set.

Phoenixx

Octaned to the membrane.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Statesman 5.0 Litre
Ok cool, left Sticks a message and hope he can help me out, thanks.
Yeah I have been quoted $30 an injector to have them cleaned but I heard a mate of a mate muttering about buying them for $50 an injector new, wish he had spilled where as this seems a reasonable price maybe?

luko015

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Last time I was looking for injectors I tried repco. They quoted me $350ish to exchange for a reco set .