Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing lower Grille Trim vf series 1

TysonDerachi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2014 SV6 Sed
Hi guys, new here.
Was wondering if anyone knew the procedure that is involved with replacing a vf series 1 sv6 lower grille trim. Do I have to remove the whole front bumper and wiring in order to reach the clips?or is there a faster way.
Cheers.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hi guys, new here.
Was wondering if anyone knew the procedure that is involved with replacing a vf series 1 sv6 lower grille trim. Do I have to remove the whole front bumper and wiring in order to reach the clips?or is there a faster way.
Cheers.

If the trim is not for reuse and broken i would consider just working your way around the trim and break each clip theN use a thin /skinny needle type thing just to ensure all the broken bits have fallen off inside then put the new one on . Disclaimer : I haven't used this method as ive reused the trim but if i was to remove a broken one then this is what i'd do , otherwise yes you do have to remove the bumper

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Removing the bumper is the easiest way to do it. It’s not a hard job. Do it properly.