Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Middle BackSeat Button

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
hey guys ,

My Backseat button to bring down the middle chair with the cup trays has broken , the rodd in the chair has burst through the button .

I am getting a new button today / 2mo and i am just wondering how to change it ?

Easy pop out and replace orr hassle taking out chair ?

Help us out brothers or if you know and have done it and live near castle hill would be much appreciated .

Thanks

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
lol i have this exact same problem...mine was like it when I bought it and havent bothered fixing it...very minor issue but if you find out how to fix it n its easy enough I probly will fix mine too

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
You would think its easy , like i can fix it with glue and stuff coz the metal shot through the button , i opened and tryed to pop it out but it wudnt pop out and i stopped so i wouldnt break it , but it should be simple!! haha il have to wait until someone knows , or leave it , or buy a new middle seat

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
Yeah tell me about , i think il leave it , or change it coz i have piece , i tried opening sponge part to see and try pushing what seemed like a clip but i was wrong

NVN07

Latress on the menjay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spack Sedan
Mine's the same too... so i satarted leaving it down. let us know how it goes.
sorry i can't offer any help. how much was the button??

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
Its 26 dollars from holden aye , yeh tell me about it , like ok it still works but i need it to be looking good you know and the metal rod is pissing me off ,

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
yeah its kinda annoying, but doesnt really bother me as I don't need to open like...ever, and I rarely have people in the back seat so I don't get the annoying "ohhh thats broken did you know?" lol...gotta love it when people point out broken things just to rub it in dont ya?

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
haha yeah tell me about it , it bothers me coz i know its there and dont want that metal rod popping out , i opened it as much as i could pulling sponge and stuff but i think its part of the seat i dont know but if they sell the button its wierd

[Hold-On]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 04 Berlina Series II
Okay Guys -- I FIXED IT MYSELF :D , after getting the new part i realised how it works !! , ok so you need to carefully pull the fabric arround it right just enough to put in a long flat head screw driver in.

You need to put the flat head once in the front and you will pop out a clip then one at the back so front and back ,

1 Clip facing backglass
1 clip facing towards the front

If you purchase the piece first you will know what i am talking about .

OTHER THAN THAT ISSUE RESOLVED!! :D :D