Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Mufflers on 2012 Series sv6

CammyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 S2
Hey everyone!

I know this question has probably been explained to death however I cannot find any answers after searching. However I am fairly new to the car modding scene and wanted to start with something easy to start with. I recently got a Sv6 2012 Series 2 and wanted to beef up the exhaust sound a little bit.

I have done research and decided to go with hotdogs due to price/access ability ect. My question is, that since I have two tailpipes does that entail me needing 2 different hotdogs or will one be enough to produce a beefier sound. Furthermore how does the size affect the sound of them as I don't want insanely loud because of an early work schedule and not wanting noise complaints from 3am exhaust noises.

Cheers everyone!
Cam

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
Get a standard SS exhaust system man. They are more free flowing with 2 hotdogs in the centre and just the two rear mufflers.
The V6 have an additional muffler in the centre

An SS exhaust just gives the V6 a bit of a note, and no drone because it’s not oversized.
No tune required either.

CammyBoy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 S2
Get a standard SS exhaust system man. They are more free flowing with 2 hotdogs in the centre and just the two rear mufflers.
The V6 have an additional muffler in the centre

An SS exhaust just gives the V6 a bit of a note, and no drone because it’s not oversized.
No tune required either.
Thanks Mate, Im also looking at J-pipesas an alternative

DAJOKER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 II Wagon
J - pipes will drone something wicked man.

Plus the SS rear mufflers you get the twin tail pipe

But each to their own.

Last edited: