Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing omega head unit

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
Hello, My omegas cd play has died and need replacing, I have been looking at 2nd hand lower spec unit from another omega or a 5 disc unit from a ss, Can anyone tell me what is involved with getting a replacement unit to work Re programing etc.
Any idea of the cost?
Thanks...

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
cheapest and easiest way is to get a remanufactured unit through holden from the stereos maker
there are many issues including vin stamping that makes it VER VERY diffcult and costly to change one to another
and thats not even trying to fit a different version like ss to omega

sheapard

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Aclaim
Thanks for the advice, Have to take it in to get the check engine light looked at next week so I will sus a replacement unit out then, any idea if i remove my current one to have a peak inside, will i need a code to get it running again when re installing it back into the same car.?

cheapest and easiest way is to get a remanufactured unit through holden from the stereos maker
there are many issues including vin stamping that makes it VER VERY diffcult and costly to change one to another
and thats not even trying to fit a different version like ss to omega

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
hmm
no code if just popping in and out
but the cd mechanism unless something has been pushed in there is very hard to get at to fidle with
lets just say had a few coins etc....