Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing radio fascia woes.

2006VERallySport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Rally Sport
hello, everyone and happy new year. My factory blaupunkt stereo sounds ok, but the temperature and air conditioning knobs don't work. I can regulate the fan speed, but the temp control is stuck on hot, which makes it uncomfortable on these summer days. For Christmas, my son bought me a new facia / front faceplate for the stereo, hoping to alleviate the temperature control issue. When I snapped it on, I get the error message on the green control screen that the data doesn't match?? Is it just because I need to enter an unlock code, or is it something worse. The fascia that came with my 2006 omega is silver and the one my son bought is a black sport unit. Does this complicate things as well ? I thank you all for your help. My wife's car just died so we all are using my car, which is cooking us at the moment.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
it's like a security check they have to match or be linked if it's new, mostly it's just the connections to the fascia so a bit of a wriggle may fix the original

2006VERallySport

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE Rally Sport
Thank you. I'll try in the morning. I do like the black fascia plate, and have the serial number for the car it came from, but don't have time or $ from go to the dealer to have it unlocked.