Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing rear shocks in VU

mickey_079

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II S-pack
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to remove the rear shocks in my VU. I am not sure how to undo the top of the shock?

Cheers

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
if you look at the top of the shock you will see a plate that is bolted to the body with 5 15mm nuts, remove these nuts and remove the shock and plate out, then you can get to the top shock nut witch will be 16mm or 17mm depending if its an oe shock or an aftermarket shock.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
I thought you just pull off the rubber cap inside the boot, hold a shifter on the flat section to stop it spinning and undo the one nut on the top of the shock? Then remove and replace the upper and lower rubbers in the same order they came out, including the metal plates between them.
At least that's how it is on the VY.

mickey_079

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Series II S-pack
Thanks glen! I thought I had to remove the plate to remove but didn't want to go doing anything until I was sure.

VYMAD, thats for the sedans of wagons, this is for the ute.

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Thanks glen! I thought I had to remove the plate to remove but didn't want to go doing anything until I was sure.

VYMAD, thats for the sedans of wagons, this is for the ute.

no probs mickey.