Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing shocks

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Yes you can. That plate is locked between the two nuts. Once you undo the top nut and remove the plate, the lower nut is easily accessible.

Thanks for clearing that up, when I did it wasnt sure if you could remove that plate with load still on the suspension, I just dropped the whole strut and used a 10mm socket to hold the shaft. Will remember that for next time :thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
All that plate does is hold the strut in the tower and stops it from falling out with the suspension raised.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ok done the job...

I had two spare struts sitten here from when I lowered it, The nuts came off them easily so I just cut the nut that wouldnt undo.
Dam it was hard on there, even vice grips and a vice wouldnt undo it.

Its all sweet now, thatks for your replies:)
Atleast its half done... still got the rears

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
rears on a VS are piss easy , VT should be the same. ?
There's a flat on the top of the shaft just above the nut. just hold the flat with a shifter and undo the nut with a spanner. will take about 10minutes to replace each shock.

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
rears on a VS are piss easy , VT should be the same. ?
There's a flat on the top of the shaft just above the nut. just hold the flat with a shifter and undo the nut with a spanner. will take about 10minutes to replace each shock.

I think the VT shocks are a little different?
On top theres the nut but you cant get a shifter to hold the shaft from turning.

Theres two ways of removing them... ^^ Morton suggested one of them by sticking a spanner on the top and jamming it against the boot to hold whilst u twist the shock from under the arch or...

Get one person to hold the shock underneath whilst another undoes the nut on top.

The fronts however are very similar to the VS where you can jam on a 10mm spanner and use another to undo the nut from the top.