Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing SS Ute Seats (VX)

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
My brother has a VX ute. The drivers seat is in horrible condition and needs to be replaced. Does anyone know if standard VX commodore seats will fit?

The seats are colour coded to the car. So maybe I need to replace both as I guess it will be hard finding an orange seat.

I wasnt to start hitting the wreckers and just need to know what kind of seats I can use.

PS
His drivers seat (not sure about passenger) is electric. But I think all commodores had electric seats.

(if you have any for sale, I'm only comfortable dealing face to face, no inter-state sales please)

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Have you tried talking to a motor trimmer about getting the seat repaired, you would be surprised at what material some trimmers hold in stock.
I have had a few seats repaired over the years and they were not that expensive. Or maybe a nice set of good quality fitted seat covers.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Have you tried talking to a motor trimmer about getting the seat repaired, you would be surprised at what material some trimmers hold in stock.
I have had a few seats repaired over the years and they were not that expensive. Or maybe a nice set of good quality fitted seat covers.

I've see standard commodore seats for about $50 private sale. But I just dont know if they will fit/work. But I'll take your suggestion into consideration and maybe get a quote.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Depends what is wrong with your seat.... Best way is to buy another pair with a knackered driver's seat also and swap the foams and covers around to the driver's seat (it is doable and works well).