Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing standard dash cluster

vy02nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim s1
Just wondering what has to be done to replace a standard vy cluster with an ss or calais cluster. It will be going into a vy s1 acclaim

cheers

FAT.36L

8,000RPM FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo S13 Onevia
If Its The Same As A VZ Witch I Think It IS
You First You Have To Take Out The Silver Surround Witch Has 2 Screws In The Top Of It, Then Pull That Out Top First Witch Will Reaveal 4 Screws That Conect The Cluster To The Dash, Take Them Out And The Theres A Clip in The Back Of The Cluster Flick The Black Tab Up With A Small Screwdriver And The Blue Plug Should Pull Out, The Reverse The Steps To Put It Back In, It Should Olny Take You Bout 20 - 30Mins Max

Hope That Will Help You Out

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
speak to forum sponsor Greg (Phreddy) of ASR - hes the first forum on the main page.

He changed my Acclaim cluster to SS :thumbsup:

This is because they also need to be programmed to change them from V8 to V6 as the diff input is different for one, as is the fuel guage reader. If you take the acclaim one out and whack the SS one in for example, it'll set off warnings and wont work. Pluf the Acclaim one back in and the warnings will remain.

But its been covered in the ASR forum, all the info is there

vy02nv

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy acclaim s1
thanks torquative, yeah did a bit of a search after I posted and found some info. So i would have to take it to holden for a tech 2 reprogramming?