Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing standard exterior+interior globes with LEDs

Deeznuts

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE Calais
hey just chucking on an update
I ended up buying some LED's off eBay a few weeks ago and i finally got around to snapping a few quick pictures
I am pretty happy with the result, considering it cost less than $10
The blue ones: Blue T10 4 SMD 1210 LED Wedge Light Bulbs 168 194 L11 - eBay (item 260710855990 end time Feb-19-11 10:27:33 PST)
and the white ones were from the same supplier.
piss easy to install.

Realised there is a rear passenger map light as well, i'll have to chuck the second blue in that when i can be bothered lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_0512.jpg
    IMG_0512.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_0513.jpg
    IMG_0513.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 559

nazphu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
LEDs for the interior are great, ive replaced my two roof bulbs with 24 surface mount LEDs in panels of 6 (2 panels in each light fitting). Only one small issue is that when the lights turn off they fade out, and since most LED's cant fade, they tend to flicker briefly on the fade. Many ebay LED auctions come with a variety of adaptors- mine came with 4 different styles of fittings and i just picked the appropriate (wedge) fitting.

Be careful with LED parker lights too, i tried some but theyre all plastic and i noticed they had started to melt due to the proximity to the headlight bulb. Ive gone back to standard there as you cant get LED bulbs with no plastic. They were quite brown/burnt and the plastic had bubbled up when i removed the LED parkers- not worth the fire hazard.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
LEDs for the interior are great, ive replaced my two roof bulbs with 24 surface mount LEDs in panels of 6 (2 panels in each light fitting). Only one small issue is that when the lights turn off they fade out, and since most LED's cant fade, they tend to flicker briefly on the fade. Many ebay LED auctions come with a variety of adaptors- mine came with 4 different styles of fittings and i just picked the appropriate (wedge) fitting.

Be careful with LED parker lights too, i tried some but theyre all plastic and i noticed they had started to melt due to the proximity to the headlight bulb. Ive gone back to standard there as you cant get LED bulbs with no plastic. They were quite brown/burnt and the plastic had bubbled up when i removed the LED parkers- not worth the fire hazard.

With those parkers I too bought the same type of LED parkers one only lasted for bout an hour when i noticed one was out when I wanted to run the foggies same syptoms to brown all over it like it had melted and burnt, changed all my lights over to these HOD lights. They looked good but were a waste of money in the end one of my foggies went out then one of my low beams bulbs went out so I have replaced them all back to stock and going for a HID kit set.

Lime_tree

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 ve sv6 series 2
How did you get the front dome light cover off? I tried getting mine but it didn't move and I don want to brake it

Hudd99

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore Sv6
The light size in the glove box is 39mm and the boot light 44mm, I don't have the other lights but the best option is to just pull them out yourself and size them up. I've seen others posting about stores like jay car and others but use eBay, they will only be a few dollars, while stores can be up to $30 so save your money.

With the front dome light pull down on the edge closest to the rear view mirror, if it doesn't budge pull harder they need a fair bit of force to be taken out so don't be afraid. With the rear light (assuming you'll change them after the front) pull on the edge facing the front windscreen and pull towards the rear of the car, same with the front light pull to the rear of the car. If the lights don't budge you could use a small flat head screwdriver to help it go, they are metal clips so don't be afraid to give it some force

Last edited:

Rajiv_chetty

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM caprice
Yep, it's a T10 alright. I wouldn't say that white LEDs are brighter but they sure as hell look better. I'll try and post a pic (seems how I'm sitting in the garage next to the car at the moment).
Hi troy711. Any idea what bulbs are the top of the headlight or are they drl. Thanks

_Dan_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II
Iv been trying to replace all of my headlights to LEDs on my 2012 VE SV6 Series II but everytime I get a pair of H7,H9 or H10 (the ones they say to get) they never fit. They’re way to big for the clips. Does anyone know how to make them fit or if I’m getting the wrong ones?