Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing stock VR bonnet

kyle_vovin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
I'm thinking of replacing my stock VR bonnet after when i had repairs done to my VR, they replaced the bonnet but they've cut it to fit. (i don't know why tho) but, the thing is their've left a ugly gap on the left-hand side, i had one of my mates adjust the bonnet mounts so it evened the gap on to both sides but now anyone can see the bonnet hasn't been fitted correctly.

I can't go back to the joint that did the work and get them to fix it, its been too long since i had the work done. Plus it was insurance repair after i had a little bit of a bingle.

What i want to know is, does anyone know any other types of bonnets for other Holden car that would look good on a VR? I might as well upgrade the look if I'm going to replace it.

Any ideas?

kyle_vovin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
lol, yeah I checked out Ebay and saw that same one u put the link for!

With the kinda money in-take i have (Uni student, part-time work)

I think I'd probably be looking at something 2nd hand, because I would have to spray it to match the colour of the car.

Unless it was already white and close-enough of a match for my VR.

I do like the Monaro bonnet look tho

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
keep an eye out on ebey i saw a white vr bonnet on ebay about 2 weeks ago for 80bucks sold now but