Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing the fuel pump

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
hi guys, i got a vt and i'm currently in the middle of replacing the fuel pump. The fuel tank is lowered and the hoses to the filter and the return line are disconnected.

Im having problems disconnecting the vapor line from either sender unit or the box it plugs into.

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the vapor hose?

nick_20

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
you only have to disconnect the four hoses with the special tool and undo the dig metal clip with a hammer and screw driver

phatwagon4u

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss
the vapour line is a bit tricky when trying to disconnect it,you should disconnect it from the "box" aka charcoal canistor,there will be 2 lugs on either side of the hose fitting,pull on the hose"slightly" and lift the lugs outwards one by one with a screwdriver:)

dusted

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S2
thanks for the help guys. I ended up getting it done of dropping the tank on the ground and disconnecting the hose from the sender unit.

Although sadly it hasn't fully fixed the issue but at least my car starts again.

A few days ago my car woudn't start at all. The crank would turn over though. The week prior to that it was sluggish to fire up. Had the car checked out by an auto electrician who diagnosed it as a dead fuel pump. Fuel pump has now been replaced and it's back to being sluggish to start.

Any ideas?