Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing the Mylink with a 2018+ Radio

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
here is a pic of what the home screen looks like (Which there are other themes to choose):
View attachment 206141

Got any pictures of the other themes that are possible? I'd love the newer features but I havn't liked the look of the two newer systems I've seen out in the wild

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Honestly I couldn't care what the home screen looks like if it has Carplay.

Colorado radio would be the go, they'd be plentiful and cheap at wreckers if you can make it work.

I would expect that the vehicle settings part of it shouldn't be TOO bad to configure, as the RG Colorado and VF Commodore both run on GM's "Global A" electrical architecture.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yeah I’d be happy to help smashing-up Colorados & take them off the road, especially if a positive side-effect was getting the MyLink for a VF. :)

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
Honestly I couldn't care what the home screen looks like if it has Carplay.

Colorado radio would be the go, they'd be plentiful and cheap at wreckers if you can make it work.

I would expect that the vehicle settings part of it shouldn't be TOO bad to configure, as the RG Colorado and VF Commodore both run on GM's "Global A" electrical architecture.
As far as I recall, Colorado runs a hybrid architecture. Parts of the system run on Isuzu's architecture with some kind of bridge to 'Global A' for some components...

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
Little update for those following..

So, the heater controls and that will work, but.. the actual controls infront of the screen (volume ect) will not currently.

There connections are different between the colorados screen to buttons, and VF mylink screen to buttons. I will need to test the circuits to identify whats doing what exactly, and should be able to make some sort of patch loom to add it in.

So.. both good and bad. Basically the new system would work, but currently no controls on front (for now).

Last edited:

GG Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF I 3.6Gi Sportswagon
Very keen on the development of this unit! Signed up just to keep track :)

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I will need to test the circuits to identify whats doing what exactly, and should be able to make some sort of patch loom to add it in.
What exactly would you be chasing? I'm not in dealer land any more but I have contacts - if you're chasing an RG radio pinout/wiring diagram I might be able to help.