Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing ve rear shockers

johnni

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Commodore
Hey guys,

I currently installed some Monroe gt sport shocks in my ve and already 8 months in the passenger rear one has blown a oil seal which im pretty angry about and it needs replacing which ill claim under warranty but still need to purchase one.

im currently thinking of changing both rear shocks to some kyb shocks like in the link below as I don't trust the Monroe shocks any more.

I currently have the Monroe gt sport in the front of the car which are holding up ok but are still harsh on certain bumps. Would the kyb shocks in the link below be a better option and fit my application ?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KYB-833...h=item260f40a517:g:l8wAAOSwwvZZScKb:rk:6:pf:0

also has anyone bought any kyb shocks for there ve to lower it as i havent seen much people mention it recently?

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Have a look at Fulcrum as an option. Good if going on a road car.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
Why do you need to purchase one? If they're only 8 months old, swap out the failed one under warranty and move on.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you get the Monroe replacement for free I would just oup that in and leave it, but I wouldn't go out and buy Monroe myself.
Yes the KYB should be better tho I put some kyb in the rear of a SUV recently and was disappointed that they are quite soft.

VE rears are a pain.