Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing VE Suspension Bushes at home

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Reserve Edition Sportwagon
G'day guys,

Have done some searching and havn't had any luck.

I have the Nolathane Evocom6F kit (Nolathane EVOCOM6F Front Vehicle Enhancement Kit)

which includes:
-Strut top bushes
-Radius Arm bushes
- Rear control arm bushes

Now i'm a pretty mechanically sound guy and do a heap of work to my motorbikes and have some experience with cars, but my question is more about how easy it would be to remove the old rubber bushes and replace them at home?

Strut tops should be easy, but as I don't have a shop press will removing/installing the other bushes be an issue?

I have got a quote from a local shop who quoted $300 for labour but I would like to do it myself as much as possible.

Any information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Strut tops are easy, not sure about the radius arms, but you'll need a press for some of the rear end bushes.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
You can press in a lot of bushes with a vice and lube, but getting the original bushes out might be a different story without a press. How shagged are they?

EDIT: Are the originals press in? All the ones in the picture look like they split in half which means you wouldn't need to press them in.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
You can press in a lot of bushes with a vice and lube, but getting the original bushes out might be a different story without a press. How shagged are they?

EDIT: Are the originals press in? All the ones in the picture look like they split in half which means you wouldn't need to press them in.

That's what I thought too. I'm mainly concerned with getting things out. Don't want to have it all disassembled only to find that I need to get it to a shop to finish the job

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Cut one flared end of the bush off then belt it out, or drill the **** outta it first but dont hit the sides.

crew_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
Good point, it should be pretty easy to get them out.

I will buy a decent sized clamp and some threaded rod & bolts to have on hand as a makeshift press in case I have an issue getting the new ones on

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
bought a 12ton press from Radum in Brisbane for $100 (new) and have done heaps real easy

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual

Bugz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS redline 2011
Just a quick question
How much would it cost to change out bushes on both back rear tires. Same passenger back tyre keeps blowing. Potenzas are not cheap

Bugz

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS redline 2011
Just a quick question
How much would it cost to change out bushes on both back rear tires. Same passenger back tyre keeps blowing. Potenzas are not cheap
Ss ve 2011