Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing VY doors

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Ok Im replacing some of my doors and I just had a few question:

-How exactly do you remove the door hinge pins? I kind of understand how to do it but just looking for some extra tips.

-How should I go about inserting my original door lock/handle in the new replacement? with this Ive for no idea.

Also If you know of any other factors I should be consider, please let me know.

cheers James

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
Ok ive been able to remove the top pins on the doors, but im having difficulty remove the bottom hinge pins. Cant get a good grip on them with the plyers, Can anyone shed some light?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Ok ive been able to remove the top pins on the doors, but im having difficulty remove the bottom hinge pins. Cant get a good grip on them with the plyers, Can anyone shed some light?

Why don't you go and get the right tool or make one. Pliers are not the right way to get them out.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
Why don't you go and get the right tool or make one. Pliers are not the right way to get them out.

It dosent sound like he knows what the right tool is so i dont think he can make one either. I also dont know what the correct tool is either and wouldnt have thought there would be a tool for removing them.

Do you have a link to the said tool?

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
If they are the same as vt use a flat screw driver and tap the bottom pins from below upwards.it's easier to do the front doors if the guards are off.

VjamesY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive
All figured out, much easier then I thought, I got them off without the use of the special tool. Its just all the stuffing around with door locks and trims which took time.

thanks for the help