Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing Wing Mirror

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
We have a VZ Executive and the wing mirror needs replacing. I have bought the mirror but cannot work out how to take the old one off. I know how to take the plastic triangle and that tube thing out, and how to take the door trim off but i don't know which bolts and screws to take out, and the screws aren't even screws they have a unique cut.

What do i do i'm so confused :confused:

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,613
  • mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,465

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
You need to remove the black sealant to uncover the 3 torx heads screws that hold the mirror in place.
When fitting the new mirror, make sure to fit it up correctly with the seals in the correct position berfore tightening as it will leak water/air.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Just curious, how much you pay for the mirror?

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
it was $130 brand new from holden. went to a wrecker and they wanted $110 for one that wasnt even in very good condition.

you mean the black sealant on the door right? because there arent 3 screws that line up with the holes on the mirror and holden was adamant that is the right mirror.

also the black pointy thing is in a different spot

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
In your first pic you can see 2 of the 3 retaining torx screws, Remove the mirror, fit up the new mirror into place then start the screws by hand, it looks like you have been given the right mirror.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
If you havn't screwed around with the mirror, i suggest you take it back now. I got a pair for $150 from panel House.

Just realised your from SA. Panel House is on Churchill Rd North (western side, jusr down from the BP), and they usually do them at 80 or 85 ea. I got them for 150 because he quoted the wrong price on the phone and i only had 150 with me when i picked them up.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
oh right i understand, thanks hkmonaro. how do i remove torx screws though? i dont have a torx screwdriver :(

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
ok i got it. bought a torx screwdriver set from bunnings for $6.95, undid the 3 torx screws and put the new one on. its a T25 size for anyone wondering. and you can find out about torx screws here

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
No worries, just be sure you have it sitting right before tightening the screws, and the rubber seals not caught.