Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Replacing wipers blades

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Are all replacement wiper blades equal or are there some better then others. Genuine better then aftermarket?
Thanks.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
The old regular service replacement advice.
"Would Sir like us to fit genuine wiper blades for $70 ?" …... "Yes, please". Gopher off to SupercheapAuto, buys blades for $15, presto, genuine parts.
Get silicone, (they wipe better) from SCA, fit yourself.

Sir Les

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 MY14
The old regular service replacement advice.
"Would Sir like us to fit genuine wiper blades for $70 ?" …... "Yes, please". Gopher off to SupercheapAuto, buys blades for $15, presto, genuine parts.
Get silicone, (they wipe better) from SCA, fit yourself.

Not so easy with the VF. I just replaced mine after 4 years and 50,000 km (one blade had a small tear in it, but it was big enough to be annoying).

The servicing dealer who noticed the torn blade quoted $105 for genuine Holden (gulp), and $70-odd for AC Delco (which, I thought, were genuine GM anyway but never mind). "No thanks," I said, "I'll think about it"..... meaning I would go to SCA and pick up a cheap pair of replacements. Only, SCA didn't have any such thing. You can't get just the inserts, you have to buy insert plus the plastic backing arm, and for silicone the price is...... about the same as the AC Delco I was quoted. So I bought some, fitted them (a 5 minute job), and now have smooth, effective wiping. I console myself that amortised over 4 years of use it's not a lot of money........ :eek:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Are the VF wiper blades / arms different to VE ?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Not so easy with the VF. I just replaced mine after 4 years and 50,000 km (one blade had a small tear in it, but it was big enough to be annoying). :eek:

I was relating my experience with a late model Camry, (daughter's car) which has the same sort of 'modern' blades. I have since modified them to be more $$$ and repair friendly.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
I recently bought genuine ones for my Redline, must have got a good deal from old mate in spares, around the $50 mark for both.

HotdogNo1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSv Redline A6 W407
2018-12-06 22.26.10.jpg

Recently replaced my VF S2 redline wipers with Bosch AeroTwin Wiper Blades
part No.AP380U,AP650U.
There excellent wipers for $65 @ windscreen o'brien

Last edited:

Tripxit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline Wagon
Last edited:

SSV 407

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Bosch ones seem a good choice, I'll look around for a set, thanks for the recommendations.

Will never buy from sparesbox again, they are a bunch of liars. Thanks for the link anyway.

May I ask what they did?
I have used them before and they seemed ok.