Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

replacing wipers on VE

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
I recently changed mine. The easiest wiper change I've ever done. Supercheap offered a $2 service to do it for me, but it literally took about 15 seconds per blade. The replacement blades were pretty cheap too, $28 does sound about right.

ink

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Went and had a go at mine after reading this, piece of piss...im off to get some- will need some soon.
Ta for the headsup

errol

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE Commodore Lumina
Just for your info
Part no 92219231 small wiper blade $25.20+gst
Part no 92219232 large wiper blade $40.00+gst

penunga

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE 6.0
I bought the left wiper blade, today, for my 2008 VE SS in South Africa, for R30-00, (about AUD$ 3-00). Champion Part #EU38. The dealer price here is AUD42-00+.
2016 01 30 I have now replaced the right hand (larger) wiper. Cost R108-00 (approx AUD10-00) Champion Part # EU65 Dealer price in South Africa AUD65-00

Last edited:

penunga

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE 6.0
Left side wiper From Champion for VE SS Comodore cost AUD$3-00 in South Africa Dealer quoted AUD$40-00

Details: Champion, EU38 printed on outside of box, Bar code: 4 044197 536740, Serial No? SL 10065SA shown on containing sleeve in the box.

Benzito

Reaction score
Members Ride
'09 VE SSV Ute
It's funny this old thread got bumped last night because it was just yesterday morning that I discovered the weird system used for wiper blades on these.
As my ute has just been a weekend toy for the few months I've owned it (still trying to sell the old car, so it remains my daily for now) I've never driven it in the rain or used the wipers. While at Supercheap I figured I should grab a new set of blades for it, because I have no idea when the previous owner last changed them, and it's only $20-30 for a set of wiper blades right? :eek:
I couldn't believe it was almost $35 for each side, especially considering the passenger side blade is barely more than half the length of the driver side blade.

Anyways, I turned to eBay and there are complete sets to be had on there for about $30 but they are all brands I've never really heard of. I've generally stuck with Tridon blades and I don't want to get something made with dodgy rubber that will scratch my windscreen. So, can anyone offer any feedback on good or bad brands that are floating around on eBay? Has anyone had a bad experience with cheaper blades?

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Glad it got bumped too. :clap:
Dear I have to buy 3 (Wagon)

Last edited: