Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reply asap

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
hey guys i wanna pull my stereo out but it just doesnt want to come out.... do i need any special keys from holden to get it out

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
gotta undo all the screws there a bunch of hidden ones... gotta find them all. if its an aftermarket one then it might be in a "sleeve" then you need the special tool to stick down either side of it to release some holders... small flat head screw drivers do the same thing. anyone got pics to back up what im saying about the sleeve?

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
yeah its the normal berlina one.... so where are theses hidden screws cos i dont know if i can get it out ithout takin the whole dash out... im gettin a new head unit on wednesday & need everythin ready to hook it up by then... also the stocko doesnt work... would it be a faulty lead??? & the electric aerial that i put in it wont go up even though its hooked up

cheers garth

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you'll need a hammer and chisel to break the security screw on the back of the stereo. and yes you need to pull the dash out.