Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Report a car sales yard

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Well I don’t remember John mentioning anything about that. If it was the dealer making a verbal commitment regarding fuel consumption then it becomes a he said she said argument but generally from what I’ve seen the court sides with the consumer, probably because dealers aren‘t very trustworthy in general!

I agree that Mitsubishi should have just cut their losses and refunded the customer. In the current market they probably could have sold the vehicle on and made a profit! Instead they have spent a shite ton of money to set a precedent that wedges every car dealer/importer in the country! Good job Mitsubishi!

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Not surprised Federal and state Politicians are down towards the bottom at 7/100 but rather suprised High court judges are only rated at 66/100 for ethics and honesty o_O

Used care salesman, surprised they scored so highly @ 3/100 :p

View attachment 241152
This list aligned remarkably well with my jaded view of employment groups - but then I'm told I'm cynical.
The surprise is that real estate agents rated so highly, I always check all of my pockets after talking to them, even over the phone.
I noticed that Engineers scraped just ahead of both level of judges, who as senior lawyers are held to be beyond reproach or peer-review, so have little quality control over whether they represent current community standards. Engineers can and should be peer-reviewed - most are competent and ethical, but some I've worked with - the least said the better.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
^^^ The engineer that designed the building the killed all the people in the 2nd Christchurch earthquake is working in Aussie now. He fled NZ and was never held to account for the deaths his ineptitude caused ( I forget his name).

I believe the guy responsible for deaths of the miners at Pike River is also in Aussie. Another **** who got away with murder in my opinion. Peter Whittal is his name and he has a lot to answer for.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Not surprised Federal and state Politicians are down towards the bottom at 7/100 but rather suprised High court judges are only rated at 66/100 for ethics and honesty o_O

Used care salesman, surprised they scored so highly @ 3/100 :p

View attachment 241152
Can't be.ieve lawyers scored as highly as they did!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Can't be.ieve lawyers scored as highly as they did!
A lawyer probably provided legal advice to the poll company and as such finessed the questions to also suit his pov :p:p:p

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
There was a detailed article in the New Zealand Herald website a couple of years back that explained the history of the CTV building, with the design and contruction non-compliances which were profound.
I was disturbed by the engineering details exposed, my own work of a similar nature was peer reviewed (by a competent person). Hence my comments on "some" engineers who seems to get away with it and move on to higher level jobs, even supervising others and encouraging short cuts.
This and the Pike River disaster (amongst many others) shows the New Zealand no-blame system has allowed incompetent engineers to get away with major fcukups and consequently prevents remedial actions being taken.
I can't remember the details now of an article I read of a recent Chrischurch re-build with such severe problems that an Engineering student walking past highlighted them to the construction company (I think via his lecturer?)

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
^ It’s a sad indictment on the state of society when there are such levels of corruption and regulatory capture that our legal systems simply doesn't work as it should and the guilty are never punished :mad: