Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vxseries1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Hey guys,

Having an 01 exec, i hate seeing all the little scratches over my car. Dont really want to fork out all the money for a respray :cry: Is there anything that anyone can recommend for a quick fix of this problem.

Really want to stay away from a respray, but if it comes to it, how much do they usually cost?

jazza15

Jarryd
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT II S
Touch up paint from holden should cost your between $10 and $15. I think it cost be about $13 for mine last year.
Do a search through the forum for some good advice on the best technique to apply the paint to those scratches. If you're not too fussy, very patient and i guess, don't get the shakes wile painting, then it should come up quite good, compared to a 2000 odd dollar respray?

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
i got little scratches and odd bits where paint has come off, does it end up looking decent after putting on the touch up paint ?

voodoo VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
mate i got my car sprayed in Melbourne well worth it. full panel work and new color choice the new Holden blue "voodoo metallic"
i was lucky tho half the job was covered on a trucks insurance. a locking pin shot up in the air and damaged my roof. when i took the car in for quotes i asked about tidying up the car, and fella said by the time we clean up all the panels may as well respary the hole car. i think i had one clean front quarter panel.

if you can find someone decent quality work and not real busy you might be a good cashier price.

Hunt around and when the opportunity comes up jump on it. If you planning on keeping the car anyway.