Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reprogramming a VZ

Hydrazine

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Anyone a vehicle programming whiz?

I'm thinking about purchasing a programmer for my car so I can get the ECU/BCM/PIM options set correctly for my vehicle. I recently purchased a new ECU/BCM/PIM to replace the dead one to get my car roadworthy (passed 1st try, yay!) but there are still some issues I'd like to fix:

1. Got a weird problem with Options Menu missing things like Auto Lock on vehicle start, Auto headlight sensitivity, fuel distance calibration etc. This thread explains that it could be due to an aftermarket headunit, my H/U is stock however! Maybe it could be because the new BCM isn't communicating with the H/U? Steering controls work.
2. My ECU has the incorrect VIN on it
3. My car has 4 airbags, the car the BCM came out of has two, so the side airbags may not work in a crash!
4. Probably other random issues for me to discover!

I've got probably too many questions, but here goes: I'm wondering if I could fix everything by buying a MDI emulator like the VXDiag VCX Nano (cheap) over a fake GM MDI (expensive) or a Tech2 (exorbitant).

To do the program, looks like I would need a TIS2WEB subscription from ACDelco; would I need two lots of the "Vehicle Programming Software" 24 month subscription since I need to change the VIN over to the correct one? Or should I buy the more expensive 3 day one?

Finally, would a change in the VIN lose my key fob programming in such a way that SPS (Level 3) access couldn't link the keys again?

Being cash strapped, I'm trying to do this at the lowest possible cost, perhaps even a kind soul with a programmer could help me out?

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
anyone know anything about this? im sort of after same thing.