Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

repsray advice

LeFtBehinD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Esteem SII
Hi there,

just wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of advice. I own a VS commodore and was looking to have some work done to respray the front bumper and the boot, as some of the paint has scratched off.

How much would be a resonable charge for this, as I really have no idea I just wanna make sure I can go to someone and know what to expect.

Also, does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to respray the entire car a new colour?

I just want to have an idea before I start ringing places, are there different types of paint to choose from? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot guys :D

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I wanted to do the bonnet and frontbar, got quoted around the $800 mark from most panel beaters. But then I thought get the whole thing done, because too many scatches and dints, for a proper job I paid $4500, this also depends on colour, my colour was metallic dark purple. Cheaper for white, silver etc.

New colour, talking big bucks, because you probably have to get the inside bonnet, doors, etc painted aswell.

But shop around, I even got quoted $8000:)

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
LeFtBehinD said:
Hi there,

just wondering if anyone could give me a little bit of advice. I own a VS commodore and was looking to have some work done to respray the front bumper and the boot, as some of the paint has scratched off.

How much would be a resonable charge for this, as I really have no idea I just wanna make sure I can go to someone and know what to expect.

Also, does anyone know how much it would roughly cost to respray the entire car a new colour?

I just want to have an idea before I start ringing places, are there different types of paint to choose from? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot guys :D
For the boot and front bar you're looking at $600-800.. It will most likely be about the $600 mark if the paint isn't in bad nick and a non clear coat.. If the scratches are down to metal, about the $800 mark..

A full car resrpay will cost at least $5000, even more if in another colour. Why? Because they have to remove the engine, do the doors and everything. Not really viable for a daily driver unless you got money to burn..

LeFtBehinD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Esteem SII
Holy ****, guess a full respray is off the card then.

The previous owner of the car had a nudge bar on the front and it was loose at one stage so when he went over a speed bump it has rubbed/scratched the paint in various spots off the front bumper. The paint is sorta chipping off and its black underneath.

It also came with a spoiler which I want removed so ill have to factor that in as well. Ive been told they need to straighten out the boot as well cause the spoiler has made an indent in the middle.

Thanks alot for your replies.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Do not go to a large panel beating place. They will charge you insurance rates.. To give you an example, I was quoted $550 for a baremetal of my bonnet by a few big places. The quote was $400 from smaller places, smaller places probably do a better job too..

Oh btw, for about $700 they should putty up the scratches and stuff. My friend got her front bar fully fixed and sprayed for $280..

Where are you located? If you're in Melbourne I can get you a good deal from a non rip off sprayer..

LeFtBehinD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Esteem SII
Im in northern suburbs of melbourne.

Im not actually using the nudge bar, thought it was ugly and pretty pointless :p

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, if you're prepared to trek up to Noble Park, I can get you a good deal with an honest sprayer who does awesome work. I get all my work done by him..

LeFtBehinD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Esteem SII
Thanks Shounak,

ill let you know when I get some finance details worked out.

sicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS - Series 2 / Karma
I take it your talking about Noble Park Smash Repairs??

THEYRE AWESOME!!! Your not gonna find a more reliable place!

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
Straight Point Panels.. I've been there a few times, along with all of my mates. We've got nothing but good things to say about it..

BTW, if you wanna know why CCC closed down ask a member called Gunnolf, he used to be a Mod there..