Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Requesting help from VT/VX owners

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Im new in this forum so any help would be much appreaciated. how do i take off the window winder?

To take off the window winder you either need the tool or a thin flat blade screw driver.

It is simply a horseshoe clip holding the window winder to the door, with the tool or screw driver push the horseshoe clip off winder barrel, it then should just slide off.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
the window winder clip is more commonly called the "Jesus" clip.. because as it comes off it tends to go flying off into the beyond and many people have been heard to say "Jesus!" when it happens. :yeah:

It's also handy to know that when you need to buy a replacement clip, most spare parts interpreters know what it is (if they've been in the job more than 1 year)

Rishy

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Nissan GU Patrol
the window winder clip is more commonly called the "Jesus" clip.. because as it comes off it tends to go flying off into the beyond and many people have been heard to say "Jesus!" when it happens. :yeah:)

ROFL!!!!:rofl::rofl:
That was quite humorous.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
one other problem .anybody know why on my factory alarm the indicators flash but i have no horn sounding.horn relay is clicking so not sure what problem is.

From memory the factory alarm systems would flash the indicators a certain number of times to tell you that there had been an attempted break in somewhere. Are they flashing a certain sequence or just the regular arm/disarm flash?

I know that if you arm/lock it with the driver's door open the horn should sound. There's some sequence of door opening/closing arming/disarming that usually activates and deactivates the horn sounding when arming and disarming normally. Perhaps ask at Holden if they know or fiddle a bit.