Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reset Oil Change Reminder

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hi guys, have searched the forum to no avail (or im slow) anyone know how to reset Oil change reminder on VF Calias V, driving me nuts. Didn't get rest on its 15k service.

Not in the manual either. Rather not have to take it back to Holden

Y

Yarsii

Ignition on, pump accelerator pedal to the floor 3 - 5 times in super quick succession, then start the car straightaway.

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Thanks, Holden wouldn't give the instructions. Had to take it in.

somedude

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy
Hold start stop button down for 10 seconds. (This is important. Just pushing the button down long enough to make the ignition lights come on is not long enough to put the system into reset mode) Then push accelerator pedal to floor and release, three times quickly. Push stop start button again to turn off ignition. Reset should now have worked. Do not try to start the vehicle at any time during this process. I also keep all doors and bonnet closed, just in case, although that may not be necessary. Now you can start the vehicle as normal to check reset success. I hope this helps.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Ignition on, pump accelerator pedal to the floor 3 - 5 times in super quick succession, then start the car straightaway.

Interesting Find.
No doubt this is for the earlier VF's (2013 to 2015)the post ABOVE no doubt is for the late 2015 Series 2 on.

Last edited:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The VE reset oil reminder was reset this way too pressing the pedal three times while ignition was on.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
The VE reset oil reminder was reset this way too pressing the pedal three times while ignition was on.

service reminder is not reset in a VE this way, if your on about oil % its done in engineering mode on the VE

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
service reminder is not reset in a VE this way, if your on about oil % its done in engineering mode on the VE
So if The Service reminder shows it face for the correct K's how do you get rid of it if You give the car a oil change yourself on a 2013 to 2015 My15 SV6. I have the ELM 327 Cable and the Program (Software on ELM Street) to interrogate the Car if needed for this .

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
My car sits at 14 500 km currently and there is no reminder at all.
It should have come on automatically at 14 000..
Nobody reset it....
Strange...