Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

reseting vt airbag light?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
can u reset the air bag light with my laptop? i have one of those diagnostic cables from ebay, can this work? if so how

ch1mp

Reaction score
If you have a valid reason for requiring my locati
Members Ride
VT S-Pack 3.8L Supercharged
i wouldn't have a clue...but wouldn't you need the correct program on your laptop if it was in fact possible. it would be good to know coz just for a few clicks it costs like $70. BUT if your airbag warning light is on then there means that there's a fault and might not deploy in an accident and could cost you dearly. so it might be a good idea to get it checked out. i know mine's faulty. had it reset once and a year later it came back...didn't bother getting it reset and then one day it just stopped LOL.no more airbag light and no more beeping lol...i won't complain...

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah ok, lol i made the mistake of starting teh car with no airbag, :p thats y its on hahah

cheers

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
My airbag light comes on aswell i started the car when i had one of the front seats out opppss .i havnt been to worried about it but last week i had a smash hit a truck up the rear at about 15 kms hour ,smashed the front of the car and the airbags should have gone off but they didnt ,i guess cause the airbag light was on ..... something to think about ....

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I could be wrong but I don't think 15 kph is fast enough to set off the airbags.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
my front bar was smashed the bonnet was smashed in it has a big fold in it and the bar behind the front bar the INTRUSION BAR was smashed aswell it was pushed in just missing the radiator ...

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeh 15kph is way to slow for them to go off, the gregoreys say that it will go off over 30kph anything less and there desighned not to.

i know u may think "y the hell wont they at that speed (15kph), its cause they go off with a massive amout of pressure and i for one dnt want then going off if i hit sumone at 15kph, that would be ouchies and a wast of an air bag (very expensive)

Maxxiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Yeh 15k is way too slow, yes the impact would have been hard but nothing as near as if it was at 50 or 60+ k's. At 15 k's the airbag would likely cause more injury than the actual crash.

moose man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII
SRS systems don't depend on speed of impact to deploy, they use accelerometers in the car to detect acceleration rates. (FYI acceleration is the term used to describe a change in speed, both faster and slower).
It is possibble for the airbag to deploy when you are parked and ignition on, when someone drives into you from the front.

Most DTCs have a self-reset function built in. For example, if no fault is detected after 255 key starts, DTC is deleted from active/current code memory, but stays in history code memory, and warning light switches off. This is why your airbag light switched off after a while.

All SRS functions are disabled when the warning light is illuminated. This is a safety feature to minimise risk of false deployment when a fault is detected with the system.

madsav

Reaction score
Members Ride
your ass
what do you think the holden dealer would charge t reset the airbag light?