Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resetting Service Reset VZ

thebulk

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE
I've searched and searched but I can't fnd the service reset info for a VZ - I tried holding the up down buttons turning the key and then holding them again. Not working

What i do get to is after holding them the first time i press set and it comes up with "awaiting Confirmation reset" or something like that- then nothing allows me to 'confirm' it....
please help

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
1. With the ignition OFF, press and hold the up and down buttons of the Trip Computer.

2. Turn the ignition ON while holding down both buttons.

3. Keep both buttons held in for 3 seconds Approx..

4. Press and hold the 'Set' button for more than 3 seconds or until an audible alarm is heard.

5. The display shows - SERVICE RESET NO ITEMS.

6. Press and hold the 'Set' button for more than 3 seconds - the SERVICE OIL LAMP will extinguish.

7. Turn the ignition OFF, then ON again.

Nux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Executive
how do people work that out? Does it matter if you miss the minor services, and do you get a reminder for them?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
how do people work that out? Does it matter if you miss the minor services, and do you get a reminder for them?

Prior to the VZ, Holden used to print the instructions in the maintenance book that came with the car, but they have deleted it for the VZ and I suppose the VE. I have to use the instructions in my VY handbook to reset my son's VZ.

Bloody silly thing to do in my opinion. Obviously aimed at steering you towards your Holden dealer for everything.