Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resetting The Flashing Service Trip Readout

A

as11

Hi All,

I am after a way to reset the service interval reminder in my VT Commodore II.

After repeated trips to the service centres and not having the vehicle serviced to my satisfaction , I have done what I do to the rest of my vehicles and am now servicing it myself in the knowledge that all oils, bolts, gaskets and other areas as per the manual are actually looked at and appropriate action taken.

Does anyone know how to reset the flashing display that indicates that it is time to have a service done on the vehicle.

Many thanks
Phil

P

Phil

G'day Phil,

If you have your commodore vt series 2 owners book you will find the correct proceedure on page 15 Chapter 1.

If not, this is what is stated on my vt II owners book.
1. Turn the ingition OFF.
2. Hold down the trip computer UP & DOWN buttons together.
3. Turn the ON while still holding down both buttons.
4. After approx. 3 seconds, release both buttons.
5. Press and release the MODE button; the service due screen appears on the display.
6. Press and hold both UP & DOWN buttons for approx. 3 seconds until a beep is heard.
7. Release both buttons.
8. Turn ignition OFF.

Your right to go.

Cheers
Phil

A

as11

Thanks Darren and Phil for your help.
I have purchased the VT service book which says similar to the thread that you speak of Darren but Phil's response is the correct one as no need to use the mode button as spoken about in that thread (well not on my series II wagon anyway).
I also checked around a couple of other sites which claimed to be mechanics but they could not answer this simple question.

Again many thanks and have a Happy New Year.
Phil