Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resetting the SRS Airbag warning

jamie.reinders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Club Sport
Airbag reset $40 perth tech 2

HOLDENS 1997 - 2012
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAULT CODES YOU WOULD LIKE CHECKED AND CLEARED?
Read & clear DTC codes,
Diagnostics. $50
RESET AIRBAG, $40
FAULT READING, ALL DATA.
This is the EXACT same as all Holden Dealers.
Experienced operator.
-SRS Airbag Light (reset/troubleshooting)
-ABS/TCS Light Reset
-Service light reset
-plus more
Ph 0406057102
Jamie

HSV416

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Hi Everyone. Having some issues with the SRS Airbag Fault being displayed on my cluster. I've double checked all the wires underneath which are all OK. I have a CAN OBD2 memoscanner which still brings up no errors. Does anybody know how to erase the code or reset the code to actually see if there's a problem with the SRS.
Thanks

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Krisholden...

From what I can ascertain you haven't managed to resolve your problem.

As VZs are now getting on (in age) I suggest you prepare for the future and join and Auto Club (RACV, RACQ, NRMA etc).

In the long run it will save you money. They have a diagnostic service for members (along with roadside assist) rather than throwing money at dubious mechanics who probably don't have much of an idea about resolving anything other than getting your money. Know what I mean !! Good luck with it and don't bee to embarrassed if you haven't the skills or ability to fix such problems yourself. Life is all about learning.

HSV416

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Clubsport R8
Gezz I'm a idiot. I have full RACV silver membership. Hopefully it will be a free call out & they should resolve the issue?

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
Hi Everyone. Having some issues with the SRS Airbag Fault being displayed on my cluster. I've double checked all the wires underneath which are all OK. I have a CAN OBD2 memoscanner which still brings up no errors. Does anybody know how to erase the code or reset the code to actually see if there's a problem with the SRS.
Thanks

Your will have to find some one with either a Tech 2, snap on, or Gscan diagnostic scan tool, or similar to read and clear airbag fault codes.
I had an el-cheapo from ebay didn't work, I ended up coming across a snap on scan tool on ebay for sale that worked.

Shawzie92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Commodore Executive Wagon
Hello... I tend to agree with you. I wasnt too certain about the first post which stated anything OBD2 compliant. I know by Holden that they need Tech2.
Do you know whether such a device is available to me at a reasonable price?

haha, yeah, sorry, braking of course.
Holden has said it could be a bad ABS module. But wouldnt that send off a ABS warning and not a SRS warning??

I really think its a loose wire somewhere. The problem only started soon after they recalled the car to adjust the side impact airbags. Of course I cant blame them and confirm this is it, but after 4 attempts for them to fix it, and sometimes at a charge to me, is all they did was reset the sensors and it went away for a few months.

I might go to Kmart and see what they say. They know me well, but Id still much prefer to do some diagnostics myself and be able to reset the sensor myself and put the car to a test of my own ie heavy braking, hard bumps etc to see if its just a loose cable or something similar :S

I bought a VY off my mum and when she had it it had SRS and ABS faults which got cleared but then the abs would continuously come back. now that i own it i pulled the drivers seat out to clean underneath and the ignition got turned on when it was out and now i have the SRS back. goes to show it cant be to do with the abs module otherwise like you said you would be getting the ABS warning...

MARCUSARNIE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 SV6 Black Commodore Wagon
You’ll probably find in the end it’s your clockspring! Changed mine -cleared fault codes-no more lights!