Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resinator off!!!

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
haha, i'm fairly confident that to pass a roadworthy you'll need a second resinator on there. Shouldn't be too expensive though.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
Morton said:
haha, i'm fairly confident that to pass a roadworthy you'll need a second resinator on there. Shouldn't be too expensive though.

meh......ill sell it without one i cant afford to spend any $$$ on it when i need my airfare and cred card

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I had the high flo cat straight through muffler into hot dog seep hot dog and we didn't even do the sound test. There was a Statesman V8 there same time as me and they tested his car not myn.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
My car isnt over loud or anythin without the resie. Its just a bit more of a deeper tune. Its still a little louder without it but only if your reving over 3000rpm. If your just clusin in forth its still pretty quiet. And what about all these rice cars you see (WRX's n stuff) they are still louder then mine and there everywhere.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I don't think it matters how loud your car is. It's a legal requirement to have two resinators. A car with two mufflers making 70db of sound will be legal, and a car with one muffler making 50db of sound will not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

(and I think cherrybombs count as a legal resinator.)

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
wrong... well in qld anyway. Law states you must have ATLEAST one muffler as well a catalytic converter if your car was manufactred with one.. I ony have 1 muffler no ressssy. Yes it is to loud but if you baby it next to the po they will never no.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well a fair few people at school have the ressies taken off and havnt had a problem with police. yet. And yeah if you just baby it, it is still pretty quiet and no1 will know. But if i do have any trouble i still have the ressie they took off so i can just weld it back on.

On the way home a cop pulled up beside me and i was shittin myself because i just left the exhaust shop and thought i will get pulled over but i just drove normally, changed gears under revs and cops didnt even take a look or anythin.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Could be a state thing. I failed a roadworthy for having one resonator ^^

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah i think i would fail because its a bit too loud but oh well, i like it now. its not over loud just has a good tune:)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Heh, Just don't tell anyone ;) I liked the sound of my Commodore before, when it had a 2.5" system with one muffler and a busted cat. That's how I bought it ^^ As long as you don't have to get roadworthied (or canaried), you'll be fine.

Bleedin' laws... now I have a stock exhaust on there 'till I save up a few dollars for a good Redback or something similar :)