Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resinator off!!!

chopsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S2/ Original XRGT
I got a 2&1/2 inch catback zorst a couple of months ago with only one muffler i got the round one at the end of the zorst taken off and my car passed straite away.as long as you have your cat and one muffler your legal in VIC of been told

CSL

Reaction score
Members Ride
missus (in more ways than one)
i got a redback exhuast 2 1/2 " and i reckon the sound is fine, i know it would be better if i had a strait throuhg pipe noise wise, but as for performance and sound on throotle i'm more than happy

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
coolvncommodore said:
Well a fair few people at school have the ressies taken off and havnt had a problem with police. yet. And yeah if you just baby it, it is still pretty quiet and no1 will know. But if i do have any trouble i still have the ressie they took off so i can just weld it back on.

On the way home a cop pulled up beside me and i was shittin myself because i just left the exhaust shop and thought i will get pulled over but i just drove normally, changed gears under revs and cops didnt even take a look or anythin.
You can fix that problem easy grab a hot dog:D It barley plays with it other then deeper or not so deep thats it:D

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Morton said:
Heh, Just don't tell anyone ;) I liked the sound of my Commodore before, when it had a 2.5" system with one muffler and a busted cat. That's how I bought it ^^ As long as you don't have to get roadworthied (or canaried), you'll be fine.

Bleedin' laws... now I have a stock exhaust on there 'till I save up a few dollars for a good Redback or something similar :)
Go the tidd bro's grab something like myn and it will sound like this on idle from the pipes:D

Attachments

• Willy idle.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 150

ashzv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN v6 s2 Berlina 5spd
help

hi guys i need help
i was reversing at my mates house and my rear muff got scratched and now has a mass hole. sounds like a worked 8 lol.
i was gonna get the redback exhaust off ebay with a single muff & a strait rear pipe:
What is a resonator? the mesh looking part just after the 1st muff?
is it still legal?
Does anyone else have this part? any ups/ downs?
Will this exhaust with 2 muffs be louder than stock?
will i gain any power?

thanks heaps guys, n galz.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commodore-VN...9QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50140QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
ashzv6 said:
hi guys i need help
i was reversing at my mates house and my rear muff got scratched and now has a mass hole. sounds like a worked 8 lol.
i was gonna get the redback exhaust off ebay with a single muff & a strait rear pipe:
What is a resonator? the mesh looking part just after the 1st muff?
is it still legal?
Does anyone else have this part? any ups/ downs?
Will this exhaust with 2 muffs be louder than stock?
will i gain any power?

thanks heaps guys, n galz.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Commodore-VN...9QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50140QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I pretty much have the same type of system fitted pretty cheaper, The exhaust in the pic both of them in black the bigger muffler and the smaller one are the middle muffler and rear resonator. If you go for the bottom it's just straight.
Now when i had myn done i had a hot-dog fitted it's about $320 fitted. Tips and things usually cost a bit. But honestly i dont think it's worth buying them from ebay when you can have pretty much the same fitted abut the same price or cheaper,

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
Morton said:
I don't think it matters how loud your car is. It's a legal requirement to have two resinators. A car with two mufflers making 70db of sound will be legal, and a car with one muffler making 50db of sound will not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

(and I think cherrybombs count as a legal resinator.)

How can it be a legal requirement to have 2 resinators?

A resinator is a device just to alter the sound of the exhaust, thats all!

On my car, I had a twin cat 2.5" merge into a 3 inch resinator, then into muffler and tip. Fark it was loud and it droned like a bitch.

I cut the resinator out and the drone disappeared and the exhaust quietened down a fair bit.

I think people are getting their resinators mixed up with their rear mufflers and cats.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Morton said:
I don't think it matters how loud your car is. It's a legal requirement to have two resinators. A car with two mufflers making 70db of sound will be legal, and a car with one muffler making 50db of sound will not.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

(and I think cherrybombs count as a legal resinator.)

It shouldnt be illegal only having one. As long as it isnt over the dB rating it shouldnt matter. Having only one isnt unsafe or anything, its just there to make the car quieter isnt it?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
With one or without one really isn't a large difference in performance. Both are better then the stock crap anyway, Just depends on how much of a head ache you wont how much you wont to be noticed:D

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah i noticed a pretty big difference in performance when i got the stock exhaust changed to a 2.5 inch redback catback and when i cut off the ressie it made no performance change at all. It just sounds a bit deeper and a bit louder. and when it idles it sounds like a V8:)