Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resinator off!!!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Here is my note if you interested. Mine doesn't really drone, but people have said manuals dont drone as much or something???

Attachments

• car sound.zip
    165.4 KB · Views: 124

2greedy

VP Calais (SSV)
Reaction score
Website
www.designaglo.com
Members Ride
VY SS HBD6speed manual 5.7ltrs of manual GRUNT!!!
exhaust

hi ppl

On my calais i have the headers which goto cat and from cat goes into y then 2 mufflers then back to single then resonator! but i have taken the res off and had a 2.5 inch tail pipe fitted and it sounds sweet as nice and quiet for highway driving but by geez i can make it noisy if i stick it into it lol.

antycore

Antycore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore V6
Hey

When I went for NSW roadworthy last year I only had one muffler with a 4inch pipe at the back (how it was when I brought it). Very loud. They said I only needed to put something on to make it a bit quieter, a little resonator was enough to tone it down a little and pass roadworthy. There was nothing said that I needed a second muffle to pass, just make it quieter.

To be honest I am getting sick of the loud droning when doing cruising. Then the loud fuel pump. When I get the red back exhaust system installed i might put in an extra muffler just to make sure it is really quiet. Would this decrease fuel efficiency slightly though?

Cheers
Rob