Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resinator off!!!

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
I rang up a few places today because i wanted to get my resinator taken off and some people quoted over $100. I thought that was a bit high but was willing to pay it till i rang this one place and they said they will do it for $44. I paid cash and it only ended up costing me $40. Now car sounds better:)

What have other people payed? Why are some places charging over $100. What do they do thats different to the $40 guy.

commy92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP WAGON V6
mate got his done for 30. There is nothing to it. 1 cut and 1 weld. Ohh plus like 500mm of pipe.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You mean, just to take the actual muffler off? ... and replace it with what, straight pipe?

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yup the rear muffler. Pretty simple if you ask me, and some places were gonna charge me $120. It was a bit of a weight reduction aswell haha. The resinator had some weight about it. It was a pretty chunky one.

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
i would recommend taking an AIDS test afterwards if the EPA get hold you, they won't be impressed.

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
jules said:
i would recommend taking an AIDS test afterwards if the EPA get hold you, they won't be impressed.

why...i was told its legal...they can only get u for noise if u revin out in 1st pretty much

jules

we like the bun
Reaction score
Members Ride
pimpin
the VN has a catalytic converter, and a muffler downstream (at the tailpipe).

maybe i'm mistaken but you would need a muffler to meet noise regs. you can't remove the cat for emissions purposes (altho this is a bit pedantic, by now the cat is not doing much for emissions.)

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
jules said:
the VN has a catalytic converter, and a muffler downstream (at the tailpipe).

maybe i'm mistaken but you would need a muffler to meet noise regs. you can't remove the cat for emissions purposes (altho this is a bit pedantic, by now the cat is not doing much for emissions.)

oh well mine goes from extractors - y piece - cat - muffler - straight thru pipe (where resinotor is meant to be)v - tip.....i didnt know there was different set ups like that.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I think the car is technically unroadworthy with only one resinator. You need two... I think.

Oh, and when I was changing my exhaust system, I got the exhaust shop down the road to hack off my over-axle bend and rear muffler for $10. The trick is not to let them invent the price. I drove up at 8am just after they opened, went "hey, would you blokes have a spare minute to hack my exhaust in half for ten bucks?" and they did it on the spot. :)

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Morton said:
I think the car is technically unroadworthy with only one resinator. You need two... I think.

Oh, and when I was changing my exhaust system, I got the exhaust shop down the road to hack off my over-axle bend and rear muffler for $10.

dont tell me that in tryin to sell my car. im movin o/s