Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Resonators/ middle mufflers or rear mufflers

Daniel briese

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 commodore ute 2012
Hey I have a 2012 sv6 ve commodore which had a completely stock exhaust system except for the 2 rear hotdog style mufflers, it sounded great and had a nice deep note however it fell off so I replaced it for a full 2.5 inch xforce catback system with quad tips and hot dog middle mufflers, the car gives a nicer exhuast note however is much quieter and u can really only hear the exhuast at about 4000+ rpm, I’m chasing a deeper sound and a bit louder without it becoming raspy and a lot of drone, should I put hotdogs back on the rear instead of the xforce high flow mufflers or should I delete the resenators or middle mufflers, I don’t want it to sound like a Honda fart cannon

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If it's quiet, leave it alone, give your neighbors a rest...

Daniel briese

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 commodore ute 2012
I don't want it loud just want to b able to enjoy the sound within the car :( can't hear anything atm

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Those engines will sound like a honda fart cannon no matter what mods you do to the exhaust.

H

harrop.senator

If you do somehow have an exhaust that's aftermarket and sounds nice to you on a 3.6 leave it.

I've played with my exhaust three times and it still makes me cringe when it hits 2500. That's with resonators and three mufflers lol.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You're comparing it to what it used to sound like, not a car with stock exhaust. It was probably loud before, now it's quieter. Drive a completely stock V6, then drive yours again, you'll be able to hear yours then.

It won't be quiet outside the car.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Deleted

Last edited: