Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Respray of alto grey VE

pimpjuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina wagon V6
Hi all

Got an alto grey VE 2 berlina with a bull bar on it. I want it off and it leaves two square 2 x 2 inch holes under head lights.

Now, cheapest option is to have the squares plastic welded and then respray the current bar. I was steered away from aftermarket bars as the fitment of some look woeful.

Can anyone think of a better option? Is alto grey a nightmare to match? Also are they factory 2 pac?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
The cheapest and best option would be to buy a second hand bumper in good condition and have it resprayed to match the car. Being the front bumper, colour match wont be AS critical as a door or quarter panel for example.

Check on ebay or gumtree for bumpers.

pimpjuice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Berlina wagon V6
Thanks for the reply. The crap thing is, I live in a regional town and I've exhausted all the wreckers around here. I did call a few in Brisbane and was quoted to Gladstone here 380 all up for dekivery.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Thanks for the reply. The crap thing is, I live in a regional town and I've exhausted all the wreckers around here. I did call a few in Brisbane and was quoted to Gladstone here 380 all up for dekivery.

If that's the right colour it probably isn't that bad. saves you paying $350 for a respray, and you can sell the bullbar with the matching front bar.