Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

respraying vs berlina alloys?

moocow

moo_c0w
Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 WH Statesman LS1 manual HBD
my vs berlina has stock alloys and I'm seriously tempted to respray them black. just wondering what your opinions are and how exactly I would go about doing this?
if anyone has done this some pics and or tips would be fantastic =)

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
What do vs berlina rims look like? Im only asking as im curious to know what rims I have on my berlina... also I suck at painting so im not going to be much help, sorry

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

moocow

moo_c0w
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm on my phone and having trouble uploading a photo. I'll try when I'm on a pc. in the mean time, Google images?

Shooter03

Nek Minnit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
I had a mate spray a set of vx ss rims Matt black for me. They were in good nick apart from 1 or 2 had some pretty decent gutter rash. Lots of sanding to get them back into perfect nick and he sprayed them with just a Matt black and I left them for about a week before I had the Tyres put on. Lots of prep work cause any little marks shows up in black.
BEFORE
9587926c-74d6-6bca.jpg

AFTER
9587926c-74fd-129c.jpg

9587926c-755a-a3ac.jpg

Hope this helps.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
What do vs berlina rims look like? Im only asking as im curious to know what rims I have on my berlina... also I suck at painting so im not going to be much help, sorry

attachment.php

I just happen to be using some black paint today, if I get around to it I will spray a couple of these just for the hell of it, so the OP can see the result..

Personally I think the answer is going to be bad... the centre caps will look all wrong in black, and the paint on the centre caps will be too easily damaged, but if I get a chance I will do a couple anyway just for giggles.

moocow

moo_c0w
Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks guys c:
would love to see it if you get a chance dakster

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina

Yep they are the ones I have. Would you need to get plastic primer and have an elasticiser put into the paint for the centre caps, I know they can bend a bit when levering them off and normal paint would probably crack

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
no they will be fine. Plastic primer not required if you dont remove the existing paint, just rub it back and undercoat over it. Plenty of flex in most paints for the small amount required.

moocow

moo_c0w
Reaction score
Members Ride
would you use acrylic paint in an air gun like you'd hook up to an air compressor or can you get aerosol stuff that would work well?