Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

restricted power to wheels? help plz

dono45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss ute
hey guys ive just bought a VU ss ute a couple of months back but between all of my mates ive put it through hell from starting it with the battery around the wrong way to dodging up a VY 6.0 ltr pod filter on it lol, so ive just put it all back to the way it was but there seems to be this kind of winding noise when I accelerate and when I go to do burnouts its just got no power but just taking off its still seems to have it all there?? im hopeless with cars so im going to take it to a mechanics but could someone kinda point me in the right direction haha thanks.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Here we go again, put your flame suit on. Haha!

Is it auto or manual? And have you got a better description of this winding noise? Sound like it's coming from where, gearbox, diff ect? Sounds like you've thrashed it a bit. Lol

dono45

Reaction score
Members Ride
vu ss ute
its a manual I the winding does sound like coming from the gearbox but I thought it may have been from the induction kit. I havnt had a chance to give it a good thrashing yet cause im always tinkering with it lol, I just don't wanna have to run it all over town and cost me money just to find out who to give it to fix.. especially this close to christmas