Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Restriction Plenum?

Reid97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Executive Series II
I was having a talk with a mate about our cars for a bit, and he asks if I've taken the 'restriction plenum' out of the air intake..

"ah, its somewhere in the air intake. because they had too much power when they put them in the commodores so they put that restrictor on it"
And supposedly there was an article about it in street machines ages ago.

No idea what this is or what he's really going on about? Anyone care to help?

Ta.

Reid97VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Executive Series II
Handy. Thank you.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
It was a plastic bellmouth, fitted to plenum, it was fitted to series 2 VN's onwards. Basically the bellmouth (i wouldn't label it a restirctor) was designed to improve air distrubution to the rear cylinders. I removed mine and it made no difference, it just cost me an extra 20 bucks cause i snapped all the gaskets around the plenum and the throttle body cause they were so old..

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
When I removed mine in my old VP it ran worse,so I put it back in again

jimmig81

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WH
I was thinki about takin mine out but i dont know now anyone else got anything to say on the matter

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
I was thinki about takin mine out but i dont know now anyone else got anything to say on the matter

Don't worry about it mate, i mean if you want to modifiy your car, then go about it by replacing orginal parts with better performing ones, or modifying existing part to perfom better. Rather than just removing bit;s and peices of your engine all together:thumbsup: